About Dr Ahmed Elshahat
Name: AHMED MOHAMED FATHY ELSHAHAT DORGHAM
Date of Birth/ Age: September 27, 1970
2- Qualifications :
M.B., B.Ch. in December 1993
Master degree in Surgery in November 1997
Doctorate degree in Plastic Surgery in April 2003
3- Work Experience:
- Treasurer at the Plastic Surgery department assembly meeting from September 2012 to September 2013.
- Supervising the medical practice at the burn unit at plastic surgery department at Eldemerdash hospital from January 2012 to January 2013.
- Supervising the plastic surgery outpatient clinic discipline at Eldemerdash hospital from September 2011 to September 2012.
- Supervising the casualty practice in the plastic surgery department at Eldemerdash hospital from September 2010 to September 2012.
- Participation in designing and editing the log book for doctorate degree in plastic surgery and supervising the application of the program from 2010 to date.
- Participation in the specialized committee for medical devices (surgery and plastic surgery section) at the general department of registration, central administration for pharmaceutical affairs, at ministry of health from 2010 to date.
- Advisor Editor at Turkiye Klinikleri Journal of Medical Sciences. From April 2009 to Date.
- August 14th 2008- To Date
Associate Professor in Plastic Surgery Ain Shams University
- January 1st 2007- December 1st 2008
Director of the Plastic Surgery unit at Ain Shams University Specialized Hospital (ASUSH).
- September 15th, 2005- November 1st, 2006
Director of the Burn Unit of El-demerdash hospital, Ain Shams University
- March 19th, 2005- June 18th, 2005
Working at the Science and technology university hospital in Sanaa, Yemen (Teaching students of faculty of medicine and managing plastic surgery department)
- September 1st, 2003 to December 7th, 2004
The coordinator of the Continuous Medical Education program for residents at Plastic Surgery Department at Ain Shams University
- September 29, 2003- October 27, 2008
Lecturer at plastic Surgery Department Ain Shams University
- July 1st, 2000- June 30, 2002
Fellowship at Plastic Surgery division of Surgery at Johns Hopkins University (Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.)
- December 7, 1998- September 28, 2003
Assistant lecturer at plastic Surgery Department Ain Shams University
- October 18, 1998- December 6, 1998
Instructor at plastic Surgery Department Ain Shams University
- April 1st, 1998- October 31, 1998:
General Surgery Residency at Cleopatra private Hospital
- April 12, 1996- April 11, 1998:
Plastic Surgery Residency at Ain Shams University Hospitals
- April 12, 1995- April 11, 1996:
General surgery Residency at Ain Shams University Hospitals
- March 1st, 1994- February 28, 1995:
Internship at Ain Shams University hospitals
4- Detailed Scope of work
- Craniomaxillofacial trauma and elective surgeries
- Facial reconstruction after trauma and tumor excisions
- Management of facial congenital anomalies (cleft lip and palate, congenital anomalies of ear and congenital anomalies of eye lids)
- Facial Aesthetic Surgeries (rhinoplasty, otoplasty, blepharoplasty and face lift)
- Reconstruction of post burn deformities
- Breast Surgeries (augmentation, reduction and reconstruction)
- Management of hand trauma, and congenital anomalies
- Liposuction, abdominoplasty, brachioplasty and thigh lift
- Lower limb reconstruction
5- Research Projects
Two years research work at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, USA (From July 2000 to July 2002). Included research projects on Bone Regeneration and Distraction Osteogenesis
6- Courses and conferences attended locally
- Invited speaker at the pediatric Upper Limb Course of the Egyptian Society of the Hand& Microsurgery "ESSHM", September 23-24, 2010
- Laser applications in surgery. A training course attended at medical laser center (National Institute of Laser Enhanced Science) in October 2009.
- First EASO workshop on Breast Reconstructive Surgery. The Euro-Arab School of Oncology, 21-22 March 2009
- AO Cranio Maxillofacial Advanced Seminar in Egypt, January 26-27, 2008.
- The First AO Craniomaxillofacial regional course in Egypt, January 23-26, 2006.
- Annual meetings of the Egyptian Society of Plastic Surgery from 1998- To Date
- Annual meetings of the Plastic Surgery Department of Ain Shams University from 1997- To Date
- Microsurgery workshop in 1998 at Microsurgery Laboratory of Ain Shams University
7- Courses and conferences attended internationally
- 17th IPRAS conference held at Chile 24thFeb- 1st March.
- 10th IQUAM congress and consensus conference, Athens, Greece, 1st-4th November 2012.
- Panafrican Congress of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the annual meeting of the international society of Plastic Surgery. Nairoby, October 13th-16th, 2010.
- Annual clinical meeting of British Trauma Society May 14th -15th, 2009.
- The second pan African burn society (PABS) congress. January 16th-18th, 2007.
- The joint meeting of the middle east burn and fire disaster society and the Plastic Surgery department of Ain Shams University, Nov. 23rd-25th 2004
- The Annual Meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgery (November 2001)
- The 3-D Facial Rejuvenation (endoscopic forehead and midface lift)& Anatomical “Hands-On” workshop& Anti-Aging Medicine Symposium at Baltimore, Maryland, USA (March 2001)
8- Papers articles published
1- Elshahat A. Triple plane dissection in open primary rhinoplasty in middle eastern noses. Eplasty. 2013;13:e40
2- Elshahat A, Abou-zeid A. Management of perianal defects of various etiologies. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013 Jan; 37(1):1-9.
3- Boughdadi N, Elshahat A. Treatment of the mid-palatal fistula by the use of inter-positional cartilage graft versus temporalis fascia graft: A comparative study. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 July; 36(2): 187-192.
4- Saleh MA, Elshahat A. A new concept to relate theories, pathology and the clinical degree of unilateral cleft lip nasal deformity. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 July; 36(2): 167-171.
5- Elshahat A. The versatility of the hatchet flap in soft tissue reconstruction and a proposed new classification. Eur J Plast Surg. 2012; 35: 351-357.
6- Abdel-Monem K, Elshahat A, Abou-Gamrah S, Abol-Atta H, Abd Eltwab R, Massoud K. Color duplex assessment of 4th and 5th internal mammary artery perforators: the pedicles of the medially based lower pole breast flaps. Eplasty 2012 Jan 23 12: e04.
7- Elhusseiny A, Elshahat A, Wagih K, Hanafy AA, Mahmoud AS. Relation between reduction mammaplasty and pulmonary functions. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 March 70 (3): 271-275.
8- Saleh MA, Elshahat A, Emara M, Hussein H, Gould L, Smith D, Awad MA. Objective tools to analyze the lower lateral cartilage in unilateral cleft lip nasal deformities. J Craniofac Surg 2011 Jul; 22(4): 1435-1439.
9- Saad Setta H, Elshahat A, Elsherbiny K, Massoud K, Safe I. Platelet-rich plasma versus platelet-poor plasma in the management of chronic diabetic foot ulcers: a comparative study. Int Wound J 2011 Jun; 8(3): 307-12.
10- Elshahat A. Management of burn deformities using tissue expanders: a retrospective comparative analysis between tissue expansion in limb and non-limb sites. Burns 2011 May; 37(3): 490-4
11- Elshahat A. Management of complex avulsion injuries of the dorsum of the foot and ankle in pediatric patients by using local delayed flaps and skin grafts. Eplasty. 2010 Oct 13; 10: e64.
12- Elshahat A. Exteriorization of buried port to salvage infected tissue expander. Eplasty. 2009 Sep 8; 9:e37.
13- Elshahat A. Profunda femoris artery perforator-based V-Y advancement flap for ischial pressure sore reconstruction. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008 Jan; 32(1): 77-82.
14- Hanafy A, Elshahat A, Hussein H, Maher H. Reconstruction of Mid-facial defects using Temporalis muscle flap. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 Jul; 31(2): 207-211.
15- Safe I, Elshahat A, Hussein H. Restoring Upper Pole Fullness in Reduction Mammaplasty and Mastopexy. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 Jan; 31(1): 57-61.
16- Elshahat A, Safe I. A Modification of the Transverse Forked Flap to allow Three-Dimensional Columella Reconstruction. J Craniofac Surg. 2006 Jul; 17(4): 692-695. 16877916.
17- Elshahat A. Correction of Craniofacial Skeleton Contour Defects Using Bioactive Glass Particles. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006 Jul; 30(2): 113-119.
18- Elshahat A, Elshahat EMF. Neopterin as a prognostic marker in burned patients. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006 Jan; 30(1): 13-17.
19- Elshahat A, Inoue N, Marti G, Safe I, Manson P, Vanderkolk C. Guided Bone Regeneration at the Donor Site of Iliac Bone Grafts for Future Use as Autogenous Grafts. Plast Reconstructive Surg 2005 Sep 15; 116: 1068- 1075 Discussion (by Anthony Wolfe, M.D.) 1076. PMID: 16163096
20- Elshahat A, Inoue N, Marti G, Safe I, Manson P, Vanderkolk C. Role of Guided Bone Regeneration Principle in Preventing Fibrous Healing in Distraction Osteogenesis at High Speed: Experimental Study in Rabbit Mandibles. J Craniofac Surg. 2004 Nov; 15(6): 916-921. PMID: 15547374.
21- Elshahat A, Maher H, Elbadawy A. An Algorithm for Oro-Mandibular Reconstruction. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Jul; 28(2): 133-139.
22- Atabey A, Galdino G, Elshahat A, Ramirez OM. The effects of tumescent solutions containing lidocaine and epinephrine on skin flap survival in rats. Ann Plast Surg. 2004 Jul; 53(1): 70-2. PMID: 15211203.
23- Elshahat A, Shermak MA, Inoue N, Chao EY, Manson P. The use of Novabone and Norian in cranioplasty: a comparative study. J Craniofac Surg. 2004 May; 15(3): 483-9. PMID: 15111816.
24- El-Fayomy S, Elshahat A, Omara M, Safe I. Healing of Bone Defects by Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR): An Experimental Study. Egypt J Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003 Jul; 27(2): 159-166.
25- Elshahat A. Healing of Bone Defects by Guided Tissue Regeneration. A thesis done for partial fulfillment of the Doctorate Degree in Plastic Surgery. Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2002.
26- Elshahat A. Management of Nail injuries. A thesis done for partial fulfillment of the Master Degree in Surgery. Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1997.
Reviewing articles submitted to international journals:
1- Reviewing the article entitled "Implant breast reconstruction failure following simultaneous nipple areola reconstruction" presented to the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2013.
2- Reviewing the article entitled "Does partial expander deflation exacerbate the adverse effects of radiotherapy in two-stages breast reconstruction? Presented to the World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2012
3- Reviewing the article entitled "Partial matricectomy and foldplasty for the management of ingrown toenails" presented to the Turkiye Klinikleri Journal of Medical Sciences. 2009
4- Reviewing the manuscript titled " The effect of latency on bone lengthening force and bone mineralization: an investigation using strain gauge mounted on internal distractor device " that was submitted to the Biomedical Engineering online journal. 2006
9- Teaching Experience
- Teaching plastic Surgery course to Post Graduate Candidate for doctorate degree in Plastic Surgery.
- Teaching plastic surgery subjects to undergraduate students of faculty of medicine (6th year students)
- Teaching in the continuous Medical Education program for residents at Plastic Surgery Department at Ain Shams University
- Supervised and still supervising many essays for master degree's candidates and many thesis for doctorate degree's candidates
11- Membership in scientific societies
- Active member in the Egyptian Society of plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ESPRS)
- Active member of the International Society of the aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- Active member of the International Society of the Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)